As with many things in life, when it comes to travel, there’s an app for that. As more people rely on apps for getting through their day, it makes perfect sense that forward-thinking travel companies are beginning to lead the way when it comes to crafting apps that are effective time-savers for today’s busy travelers.
Think of all the things you use an app for in the day. From mindfulness to meal planning, tracking stocks, and ordering groceries, apps touch every area of our daily lives, with the average person using 10 apps daily and as many as 30 each month. It’s only fitting that as more people become app-dependent, more industries investigate using apps to reach their audiences. This includes the travel industry and so many more.
Vital App Statistics
Apps are trending. Numbers don’t lie and the expectation is that apps will account for $935 billion in revenue by 2023. These are a few other surprising statistics about how apps are transforming the way businesses in every industry serve their customers.
- Nearly 88% of the time people spend on mobile devices is spent on apps.
- In 2019, there were 204 billion apps downloaded by consumers, representing a 6% increase over app downloads in 2018 and a 45% increase over apps downloaded in 2016.
- Millennials are the heaviest users of apps, opening an app 50 or more times every day.
The bottom line is that apps are in-demand tools for promoting user engagement and are becoming a driving force in the global economy. Businesses that continue to dismiss the importance of apps do so at their own peril.
Key Elements of Successful Apps
According to Statista, the first quarter of 2021 saw 3.48 million apps available to download on the Google Play store and 2.22 million apps available on the Apple store. In fact, there are many things people love about modern apps, including the following.
- Always accessible. Apps are available to use via mobile phones, tablet devices and computers, making them simple to access and available to use wherever you are and at any time of the day. The ability to take your favorite app with you, literally in the palm of your hand, is reason enough to fall in love. The fact that you can carry these apps in the palm of your hand is icing on the cake.
- Save time. Apps allow you to get where you need to go with the literal push of a button on your mobile device. There’s no website to look up. In many cases, you do not need to even go through an extensive log-in process (especially with fingerprint and facial recognition devices permeating the market).
- Convenient. A mobile device is a small thing to carry around and keep up with. Most people are fairly attached to their mobile phones, making them a convenient tool for using apps to do a wide range of things, from banking, to ordering dinner, checking email, keeping up with social media posts, playing games, and even booking travel plans. Some employers even provide apps to keep their teams on the same page for upcoming work projects.
- Easy to use. One of the most important factors about apps is that you do not need to be a technology whiz kid to use them. They are user-friendly devices people of all skill levels can enjoy.
As you can see, apps offer many benefits for people in all walks of life. They are making life easier at every turn and are essential tools people, like you, use to get through the day.
Using Apps for Travel
The travel industry is no exception to the modern application fascination. There are many specialty apps available to help people find cheap flights, book cheap hotels, and plan their travel needs. However, few out there offer a competitive advantage when it comes to one-stop shopping for travel needs, ease of use and convenience. Those are the apps that stand out among a sea of travel apps available.
Photo: Mr. Le Hung Anh (Jimmy Lee) – CEO of Travelner
Travelner says that it is a different kind of travel company that not only offers users the opportunity to compare costs and book flights and hotels, but it also offers travelers advice on location selection, safety concerns while traveling, and more. Travelner CEO, Jimmy Lee, believes apps are essential tools for the future of travel, stating that, “People increasingly turn to technology to make their lives easier. Any way we can help in that endeavor is a step in the right direction for humanity. That is why Travelner has sought to make itself a pioneer when it comes to travel apps.”
+1 949 864 6017
The preceding post was written and/or published as a collaboration between Benzinga’s in-house sponsored content team and a financial partner of Benzinga. Although the piece is not and should not be construed as editorial content, the sponsored content team works to ensure that any and all information contained within is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge and research. The content was purely for informational purposes only and not intended to be investing advice.
© 2021 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.